Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has dismissed the uncertainty surrounding Paul Pogba’s future at Manchester United after the player himself stoked transfer speculation last week.
The transfer window is closed for Premier League sides looking to buy, but players can still be sold until September 2.
Pogba insisted after United’s 4-0 victory over Chelsea there was still a question mark over his future, but his manager refuted that claim, saying the midfielder would be staying at Old Trafford. ‘For me, yeah, he’s going to stay,’ said Solskjaer.
‘I’ve got absolutely no concerns on Paul. You always put question marks around Paul.
‘I don’t think its odd, saying “I enjoy playing, I have fun with my team-mates, I enjoy what I’m doing , I love my job and enjoy the game”. ‘Of course, that sentence with the question mark about him, there’s always question marks about Paul.
‘There’s not one press conference that I’ve not answered a question about Paul Pogba, but 80 per cent of what he said was that he enjoyed that game and his time here.’ Pogba’s agent Mino Raiola made multiple statements over the summer about his player’s desire to leave, with the Frenchman himself admitting he wanted a new challenge.
United slapped a massive asking price on Pogba amid interest from Real Madrid and Juventus, reportedly demanding upwards of £150million for the 26-year-old.
Pogba is back in action with United on Monday night, with Solskjaer’s side set to take on Wolves. United are aiming to make it two wins out of two after their thumping of Chelsea in their opening game.
While Solskjaer insists Pogba is going nowhere, transfer reports in Italy and Spain claim Real Madrid and Juventus are planning last-ditch attempts to sign him.